· This excursion will be held regardless of the weather conditions
· You should dress according to the weather; since this activity takes place outside.
· It is recommended to bring water and a hat or a cap.
· Tour’s schedule could be modified due to rise and fall of the tides.
· The tour will only take place if a group of, at least, 2 people is formed. Otherwise, we would give your money back or arrange a new date for the tour.
· You are able to place your reservation until 2 days (Lugo time) before the tour in case there are spots available.
What will you do?
What can you expect?
Praia das Catedrales
would you like to visit a cathedral on the beach? Between the towns of Ribadeo and Foz, in the center of the region Mariña Lucense, the beach Augas Santas is best known as the “beach of the Cathedrals”, because of the arches and different forms that the Cantabric Sea has been modified in this beach for thousands of years. The special feature is that the arches and the rocks shaped by the ocean’s erosion can be seen only at low tide, since they are covered by the sea at high tide.
The beach has been declared Natural Monument, in order to visit this wonder from the coast of Lugo, it is necessary to make a reservation previously, considering that the massive attendance of tourists has already started to damage the rocks and cliffs. But if you come with us to visit the beach, we take care of everything so you only have to enjoy it.
Close to the beach we can find some other beaches like Esteiro, Castro or As Illas, all of them are included in the protected area Rede Natura 2000 and LIC (place of community special importance).
The ideal complement to visit the beach of Cathedrals is the city of Ribadeo. It is located a few km away from the beach; the coastal town is the last one from Galicia before going into Asturias. Its origin is Roman, but it was the marquis of Sargadelos who drove and promoted important and beneficial changes for this town, that is full of lordly houses. Ribadeo remembers every year its modernist past by celebrating the “Indiano Festival” at the beginning of July, in which the neighbors of the town come back 200 years on time. We can enjoy the seafood cuisine from the estuary of Ribadeo, after going for a walk on the city center, we can visit the lighthouse and island Pancha, where currently there’s a singular hotel or we can go to one of many beaches that the town has. In Ribadeo we can find “Indian houses (from the XIX century), baroque churches, the port of Porcillán or the castle of San Damian. Ribadeo also is the capital of the estuary that divides Galicia and Asturias.